Tuesday, August 22, 2006

OK, I need to vent. I live in a suburb of a large city. This suburb (Whitehall, my profile says so) is basically 2 steps away from the hood. Everyone around me mowed over the weekend. I was busy and didn't. I come home tonight to a "Official Notice" from a "City Inspector" telling me to mow the grass, front and back (sorry the back is a little tall) clean up junk and trash, which I am still not sure what that is. and trim bushes and flowers. I have a week to do that before they take "legal action". So, I took my night off from babysitting my granddaughter and mowed the front yard (it wasn't that high, it had only been a week) and cut down all my flowers and trimmed the fronts and sides of my bushes. I hope they are happy. And the trash they mentioned?????? Well, let me explain something. Until about 2 months ago, trash was picked up on Tuesday, so last night, without thinking about it, I went out and took the trash out, got the trash can from the back and started to drag it all to the curb. Then I remembered that I was a day early so I left it on the front porch. Now it is at the curb so I hope that makes the assholes happy. They should be really glad I am off all week from my other 2 jobs. Otherwise, I guess they would have to do the work and bill me for it! Damn (excuse my language, but......) I didn't realize I was living in Farmington Hills or Beverly Hills or something! Thanks all for letting me vent!

2 Comments:

Blogger barman said...

I used to live in an appartment. If you set your trash outside your door even for 5 or 10 minutes before taking it to the trash container they would catch you and write you up. I also had a second car that was not running. They would wait until the tire would get low and write me up. Now the car I can sort of see but the trash, give me a break. I guess the place was nice looking though.

They can and do things around here where I live now but I think they will not bother you until the grass gets over a foot tall and I have seen worse so maybe not even then. They also give you 24 after a snow storm to clear the walks. I am sorry, sometimes I am gone for the weekend.

Anyway I don't think it is better no matter where you live. And if it was, you may not want to live there.

10:04 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

Wait a minute! I've seen your yard. it's not bad. Hell I'm the one with the weeds. My grass stays mowed and trimmed, but that's only because I pay someone to do it.

I do plan on getting jake out in the flower beds though.

What I don't understand is why people don't help. I am sure they see you work all the time.

My last house my nieghbors knew Chad and I split up, they all helped me keep things up.

Here there hasn't been anyone just help when I'm not home, but when they see me out there they offer to lend a helping hand.

I could hire Jake out to help you. Don't tell him you are paying me. LMAO Just let him think he is doing a good deed.

3:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home