Friday, July 07, 2006

WOW!! Did I have an exciting morning! We have some major changes going on at the office so I thought I would get up early and go check up on my boss. She comes in before me. I did my thing at home and started driving to work. Almost got there too. Then some little Mexican lady turned left in front of me and I hit her passenger side rear bumper. I swear I tried to stop and swerve! I got her corner of her bumper in her Chevy Astro van and my poor little Ford Escort is trashed. The impact set off both airbags and ripped the right front quarter panel back to the front passenger door. I took pics but I can't get them to download to my computer. Imagine that!! Anyway, I spent an hour with the Police, the medics and an almost cute tow truck driver. Got my car towed to the dealership body shop and got a rental. I am now driving a 2006 Chevy HHR. It is quite a different ride from the Escort. Anyway, after I finished coughing all the airbag dust out of my lungs, I made all the usual phone calls to insurance and get this, went to work where the boss told me to go home and rest! How many people have a boss that does that????????? So, I did what I was told (Mom just rolled over in her grave!) and came home and took a nap. The way things work for me, I may be back on here next week bitching about walking to the bus stop cuz the lady that got charged for the accident had insurance, but her company is not the greatest. I'm not naming any names but I let my insurance guy know what was up too!! Anyone out there wanna cosign on a loan for me???????? LOL Anyone reading this, have a great weekend!!

5 Comments:

Blogger barman said...

Oh dear, you are the second person I know through blog land that had an accident. Actually the first one was her husband. He got t-boned right at his drivers door. Luckily, other than bruises and other minor things he will be OK. They were not so lucky with a renter car right away as her insurance was not to good either.

I hope all turns out OK with the insurance companies. And wow, a HHR. My boss traded in his trail blazer for one of these and he is very happy. The gas milage is great (the main reason for the trade) and he loves it. Enjoy the ride while it lasts.

11:52 AM  
Blogger Manny said...

I so missed you on Friday. I am glad you were home resting though. It is just everything that is going on there.

Shit ! What will it be like tomorrow?

Thanks for having my back, remember I will have your's and Deb's.
Shit! What's for lunch. hahhahha

I make myself laugh!

Seriously though, all I have eaten today is an asiago cheese bagel. You know I will be starved tomorrow.

7:25 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

ps, you are suppose to comment back to us.

7:26 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

well, where are your comments?

Crabby got tweetie's pic to work for me.

9:01 PM  
Blogger indiansfan said...

sorry, just got back on. Next time I post I will sit here and see if anyone posts any comments.

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home